Linode 2-Factor Authentication Set up is the only way to secure and protect your account with Linode. Please let’s be happy that Linode company has enacted two-factor authentication also known as two steps verification as a platform for users to use in securing and protecting their accounts online from hackers. For any unauthorized attempt made on your Linode account, two steps verification stops it from taking place.
Over thousands of people or customers who have accounts with Linode are complaining about how intruders access their accounts. What bitter me most was that my lovely wife join and created an account with Linode America company, within a blink of an eye her own account was penetrated or hacked. It was because of this I had to look into way or service to secure account, luckily I bumped into two steps verification also known as two-factor authentication. It worked for me and my wife. Join thousands of people!
Everyone is happy to proclaim two-step verification as an additional or optional extra layer of protection for your Linode account. Once you set it up, logging or signing the account will require or need a six-digit security token into your username and password. Apart from your username and password, you need to enter a six code that will be sent to you so as to verify your ownership.
All Linode users can enable or set up this new Linode new feature by tapping on My Profile or you will read down the page so as to see the full guide on how to set or enable it very well. It’s from the Linode Manager, and “Enable Two-Factor Authentication”. After that, You’ll be viewed to your shared secret passphrase including its QR code, that you can also use to scan into the two-factor app. Download and Install one of these apps, so as to use it to scan the QR code given in the Linode Manager.
- Duo Mobile (iPhone/Android)
- Google Authenticator (iPhone/Android/BlackBerry)
- Amazon AWS MFA (Android)
- Authomator (BlackBerry 10)
- Authenticator (Windows Phone 7)
Linode is a well known and recommended American privately-owned cloud hosting company. Linode company makes provision for virtual private servers. The company headquarter is situated and located at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA.
How to Set up or Enable Two Factor Authentication or Two Steps Verification on Linode
1. First, you need to install an authenticator application.
2. Connect to Linode Manager.
3. Choose the “My profile” link.
4. Put both your password.
5. Tap on the “Authenticate.”
6. Choose “Password & Authentication”.
6. From the “Two-Factor Authentication”, tap on “Enable Two-Factor Authentication.”
7.. A window with QR code including a box for the enacted token shows. Put down the Secret Key and please try to store it in a safe place for your own good.
8. From your smartphone, go to the app. Tap on the plus (+) button.
9. Click “Time Based.
10. Click on “Scan Barcode.”
11. Show your smartphone or device camera at a barcode on your computer screen. From there, the app will enact a new token for your own particular Linode Manager login. It will be like this “LinodeManager: user.”
12. Verify or clarify that Linode Manager login or sign-in process has been supported to Google Authenticator, it is creating a new token every 30 seconds.
13. From the Linode Manager, put token from your device in the created Token field, and tap on the “Confirm my token, and you can now enable two-factor auth.” Am sure it’s done.
For more information on Linode, two-factor authentication set up and more, go to https://www.linode.com/blog/linode/linode-manager-two-step-auth/
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!