Synology 2-Factor Authentication Set up is the only way to secure and protect your account with the Network-attached storage (NAS) appliances. Over thousands of people who have an account with Synology are seriously complaining about how their account is been accessed or penetrated by another person. The only way to secure and protect your account is to set up two steps verification from this step and guide.
I created my account with Synology, it was nice and cool, as time goes on I discovered that I can not access or penetrate my account again. The thing really harmed and destroyed my personal information with Synology. I never knew it was my close friend that did it. Luckily I found out, and I started a concrete research on how to secure and enable more security to Synology, I bumped into two-factor authentication.
Ever since I followed this step and guide to set up two steps verification my account is highly secured and protected. My friend that has my password and some other of my personal information can not even access or connect my account online. It is really good to keep your information with Synology private. Do not let anyone see or know it from enabling two-factor authentication for more and adequate security.
Two-factor authentication is also called 2 steps verification. Some people also call it multi-factor authentication. It comes any time you are done accessing your account with your normal information or details. Your Account tab will provide and make available options so as to edit basic account settings like your description, like your password, email, and also your 2-step verification. To see this tab, just tap the person-shaped icon which appears at the upper-right of the desktop and tap on the Personal.
Synology Inc is a well known and good Taiwanese corporation. The company deals and specializes in Network-attached storage (NAS) appliances service. This platform known as the Synology line of NAS is the DiskStation for all nice desktop models, Also, FlashStation for all-nice flash models, including RackStation for good rack-mount models. Their services are distributed and shared worldwide and some others localized in several languages.
How to Set up or Enable Two Factor Authentication on Synology
- First thing is to go to Personal > Account and tap on the Enable 2-step verification box. It will help to show the 2-step verification setup wizard.
- From the screen, put an email address. Immediately, a verification codes will be sent to this email address.
- You can now download and install an authenticator app, ie Google Authenticator (Android/iPhone/BlackBerry), or as well download and install Authenticator for Windows Phone.
- From the following screen, go to your authenticator app and you can then scan QR code. Another option, you can tap on the link so as to manually put a secret key.
- Another step to take, your authenticator app created a 6-digit verification code. Put this code into the wizard text option so as to confirm or clarify configurations are really correct. In case there is an error, kindly make sure the system time of the mobile device is already synchronized with a good system time of DSM.
- Immediately the setup wizard.
- Tap on OK to save settings. Am sure it’s done.
How to Reset Users’ 2-Step Verification Settings on Synology
- Kindly locate to the Control Panel > User.
- Tap on twice-tap the user whose 2-step verification. It all depends on the one you wish or want.
- From the User Information tab, tap on the button Reset 2-Step Verification.
For more information go to https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/MainMenu/account
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!