Newegg 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security and protect your Newegg Login process. In case you are using Newegg item and you have an account with them, add an extra layer of protection to your Newegg account from this step and guide. Newegg 2-Factor Authentication Set up – Protect & Secure Account.
Its also called 2 steps verification or multi-factor authentication. The reason we gave it the name is that it comes in anytime you log in to account with a normal information password/email address. Apart from your password, there are other ways to secure and protect accounts from hackers.
Most of my friends love buying things online through Newegg company and they also have an account with Newegg. One of them came to my wedding with a complaint that his own account was hacked and accessed. I had to enter into concrete research on how to secure and add an extra layer of security to the Newegg account, luckily, I bumped into 2 steps verification, also known as two-factor authentication.
After I enable two steps verification from here, no one was able to sign in or check my personal information with Newegg. I had to introduce my friends to it and it worked for them, including my lovely wife. Over millions of people have secured and protected their Newegg login process.
For any unauthorized attempt made on your account with another device, 2fa stops and hinders it from taking place. They will stop it by prompting for a passcode, a passcode which will be sent when you are setting two-factor authentication from here. Try to keep a passcode secret and safe. Someone like me has my own off head.
Newegg is a well known American online retailer of different products like computer hardware including some consumer electronics. The company headquarters is based and located in the City of Industry, California USA. Since its establishment, all their customers are giving a good account of their product and items.
The 2-Step Verification helps to protect and add an additional layer of security for customers’ Newegg account by asking them to enter a security code in support of their password on computers/devices that they haven’t chosen.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Newegg
- From your homepage or dashboard, tap on Account Settings which is down Manage account.
- Then on the Account Settings side, tap on the “ENABLE” that is close to “2-Step Verification” on the page.
- You can select have a code delivered to a phone number, email address, or as well Authenticator App(QR code generator). You can now tap on “SEND CODE”.
- This guide is fulfilled in less than 3 easy ways. You have to begin by needing you to add a primary and secondary platform so as to get the code. From the 3rd process, you can choose“Don’t need a code on this very well device” which will automatically make sure this protection feature will be disabled or turned off for the device which is used when setting it up.
- Then you have a primary and secondary way in order to get a code.
- Know that you cannot enable/turnoff this on your mobile device, but you can enter a mobile device to the safety mobile device during its checkout on the Newegg site.
- After tapping on the “SEND CODE” button, you will now get a code sent to each way
- Put in the code received.
- Tap on “VERIFY CODE & CONTINUE”.
- The last thing to do, you re already given the choice of choosing a checkbox to not ask a verification code to be delivered on the mobile device you are using at that time. Immediately you choose “TURN ON 2-STEP VERIFICATION’, 2-Step Verification will start working or it will be activated on your own account.
How to Disable Two Factor Authentication on Newegg
Someone can disable 2-Step Verification, by simply tapping on the “Disable” as made available on the page, from your Account Settings that is down Manage account.
For more information on this, kindly go to https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/2-step-verification/
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!