GoDaddy 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your GoDaddy hosting account. For anyone who has an account with Godaddy, a registered domain or has a web site on Godaddy should secure and protect the account with two-factor authentication. Its also called 2 steps verification or multi-factor authentication. GoDaddy 2-Factor Authentication Set up.
The reason its called two-factor authentication or 2 steps verification is that it comes anytime you login or sign in to your account. If you set it up, be rest assured no one will be able to access or login to your dashboard without your permission or consent. GoDaddy 2-Factor Authentication Set up.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the GoDaddy account with another device, 2 steps verification stops and hinders it from taking. They will stop it from requiring a code, a code that was given when you are setting or enabling twp factor authentication.
GoDaddy is well known and popular American publicly traded Internet service platform. People can register a domain and also host a web through the company service. Godaddy headquarter is situated and located in Scottsdale, Arizona, and also incorporated in Delaware USA.
Two-factor authentication or 2FA or two-step verification is a good feature that is well designed to hinder anyone but you from accessing or connecting to your hosting account. Two Factor Authentication also known as 2 steps verification will require two forms of identity verification in order to access the account online, these are your password and an authentication code.
2FA is a nice ideal for all Godaddy users looking to add their account protection because stealing user’s passwords is not really enough for a people or hacker to access account. They would need access to both a mobile device or email account, it all depends on how you enable it.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on GoDaddy
In the case of strong account security, enable two-step verification (2SV). If you haven’t received the idea on how 2SV works, connect to this place What is two-step verification? First, read down the page.
- Connect to your GoDaddy Login & PIN account with normal information. You might be asked to sign in.
- From the downside of 2-Step Verification, choose Add Verification.
- Select the 2SV platform you’d like to use.
- Tap onNext:
- Authenticator app: Know that An authentication app, such as Google Authenticator or even Authy, will generate the code. Select this process for most of your GoDaddy accounts.
- Security key: Any kind of device connected to the computer’s USB port will now be used for the verification. Please you can use this way if you’re a domain owner or in case you want to add security and protection more.
- SMS text messages: A code will be sent during the time of setting it up. This way is really nice for anyone who really wants to be sure no one accesses your account without your permission.
- You can now fill the setup way according to the process or step you chose:
- In case you select an Authenticator App, follow the guide in order to install an app, also scan bar code, and put the authentication code. Anytime you’re finish, chose Continue.
- If you choose SMS text messages, put the mobile phone number, and tap on Continue. Put the code GoDaddy text you and choose Save.
- In case you want to use a hardware Security key for 2SV, follow the guide in Putt a hardware security key for two-step verification.
- Chose Add Backup and you are advised to repeat steps 3 to select a backup method for 2SV.
How to Cancel or Turn off Two Factor Authentication on GoDaddy
- Connect to your GoDaddy Login place & also your PIN page.
- You might be asked to connect or log in online.
- From the Two–Step Verification side.
- Tap on Edit.
- From the next to the main authentication way
- Tap on the Delete button on the page.
- If you enable the backup process for 2SV, know to repeat steps 3 and also 4 for a backup.
How to Change my Two Factor Authentication Phone Number on GoDaddy
- Go with the guide to Cancel two-step verification so as to delete the old phone number.
- Go with the guide to Enable two-step verification so as to enter your new number.
Troubleshoot Two Factor Authentication on GoDaddy
Go here for more information on this https://uk.godaddy.com/help/troubleshoot-two-step-verification-7564
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!