Magento 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to secure and protect your account. For any unauthorized attempt made on your account, two-factor authentication will stop or hinders it from taking place. Its also called 2 steps verification or multi-factor authentication. It comes anytime you are done login to your admin or account.
The Magento Admin offers all access or login to your orders, stores, and customer information. Two-factor authentication increases security to users Magento, Magento Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds and support for multi-factor authentication for different providers. When you set up, users or hackers attempting to log in the Admin must fulfill a second step so as to verify their account online.
We are meant to know all the necessary features and things are totally hindered to Admin user accounts, not to continue to customer accounts. Two-factor authentication will make sure no one will be able to access or login to your account without your permission or consent. In case you are using Magento, secure account from this step and guide.
Magento is an approved and recommended open-source e-commerce service that is written in PHP. The company or services uses different PHP frameworks such as Symfony and Lamina. The source code is shared under the Open Software License (OSL) v3.0, which is an ear Source Initiative (OSI)-approved license.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Magento
Set 2FA and Supported Providers
- From your normal Admin sidebar, connect to the Stores > Settings > Configuration.
- On the left-hand side of the panel, locate to Security and select 2FA.
- Locate the General section on the page.
- Setup Enable Two Factor Auth to YES.
- This is one is totally Optional For Force Providers, choose the authenticators you need for all users.
So as to give users to choose their own particular authenticator, do not choose an option.
- Setup and configure all authentication providers.A
- Anytime it is complete, tap on Save Config.
How to Setup With the Use of Authy
- Setup it from this provider — Set to YES.
- Put the API key for your own particular Authy account.
- Its totally optional to setup “trust this device” option — enable to either of these
Yes— You do not have to put their authenticator code all time you login.
No— It will Force authentication anytime you log in.
- Totally on your own choice, to change OneTouch Message, wipe out the Use system value checkbox. Then, put the message you want to use.
How to Setup Needed Authenticators Per User Account
Different types of authenticators setup for the Magento Admin, you can need one or different authenticators per Admin account. Particularly page, secure Use system value chose for Force providers and setup/configure supported authenticator providers.
- From the Admin sidebar,locate Stores > Settings > All Users.
- Choose either of these on the page
- Enter a new account
- Edi a user from the list.
- On the information select 2FA.
From the, choose the authenticator you want to need the user account.
If it’s done and complete. You are free to Save User.
For more information on this, go to https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/stores/security-two-factor-authentication.html?_ga=2.191427818.1355608891.1594867416-2079810576.1594867416
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!