Blockchain 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security and protection to Blockchain wallet login. There are tons of people looking for way to access or connect to your Blockchain account, only way to secure transaction and information with Blockchain is to enable 2 factor authentication from this guide.
Its also called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. Reason for giving it this name is because it comes in anytime you are done logging with your normal password . In case someone has stolen or know your password , the person can not access account without your permission, if you setup 2 factor authentication.
There are three ways or platform one can secure and protect account through two factor authentication. That is Google Authenticator , Yubikey or SMS code. Only thing left for you is to decide on how to add an extra layer of security to Blockchain account.
My first income was invested on Blockchain. I bought coins here and within a blink of an eye, i turned into a millionaire. One day i discovered i can not access or connect to my Blockchain account. When i noticed my account was hacked and intruded by an outsider, i felt bad. It was main reason i entered into concrete research on how to secure account apart from using password.
Luckily, i bumped into two factor authentication. I set it up and 2fa worked for me, including my wife and friends too. Am sure no one can ever access my account again without my consent or permission, because a code will be send through on my phone number. Without the code he or she can not access my account.
2-Step Verification acts as a strong or extra layer of security and protection for wallet. Anytime logging you will need wallet password additional a one-time passcode (OTP), created or generated by chosen platform of 2FA.
Blockchain.com is a well known and recommended Bitcoin block explorer company. Its also a cryptocurrency wallet, including a cryptocurrency exchange. Blockchain support and deals on Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. The company provide and offers Bitcoin stats, data charts,market information etc.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Blockchain via Google Authenticator
- Download and install free application from either App Store or Google Play store.
- From the down hand side of Enable, tap on Authenticator App.
- Show your QR code in order to scan with Google Authenticator app.
In case you are using Android devices, access Google Authenticator on the device, tap 3 dots from the upper right corner of the page.
- Choose to Add an account.
- You can now scan a barcode.
In case you are using iOS devices, locate Google Authenticator, tap the + symbol from the upper right, you now tap on scan barcode.
- You can scan QR code with available mobile device. Immediately its done, you’ll view Wallet ID shown in the app with 6 numbers which change every 30 seconds.
- Put the cod.
- Click on verify Code. AM SURE ITS DONE.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Blockchain via Yubikey
- From the down hand side of Enable, click Yubikey button.
- Tap inside the empty field. Enter Yubikey and click to complete in the code.
- Click on Submit.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Blockchain via SMS Code
- You will then need to connect your normal phone number. From the down hand side of Enable, click Mobile Phone Number button.
- Put both your phone number in the empty field.
- Click on Get Verification Code.
- Then you will get a text message with verification code.
- Put code on the empty field.
- Tap on Submit Code. From this step and guide, am sure its done .
For more information on this, go to https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/211164103-Enable-2-Step-Verification-2FA-
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks !