Blackbaud 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your Blackbaud ID. It make sure an account is highly secured and protected apart from your email address and password. There are some set of information about you that is required in order to access account that is authenticated. This information are verification code sent on phone number during time of setting up two factor authentication.
Over thousands of people or Blackbaud users are complaining on how other user have accessed their account, even with password login process. You are highly advised to set up two factor authentication in order to make sure no one will be able to login or sign in to your account online.
Two factor authentication is also known as 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. Reason for giving it this name is because it comes in anytime you want to connect to any account online, you need other set of information, those information or code will be sent once your authentication process was in progress.
From this page we will discuss on how to enable two factor authentication on BlackBaud through mobile authenticator, how to enable two factor authentication through text messages, how to request for a recovery code, how to disable or turn of two factor authentication and also how to exempt a mobile device from two factor authentication.
Email address and password tries to secure and protect Blackbaud ID, also, you are advise to enable 2fa so as to add security with platform known as two-step authentication. Two-step authentication or Multi factor authentication tries to enables user Blackbaud ID to ask for a unique verification code. Read down the page to see how you secure and protect BlackBaud ID account.
Blackbaud is seen and known as a cloud computing provider. They serves also as a social good community for foundations, institution, companies, religion organizations, nonprofits, health care corporations, big and small corporations, educational places, individual change agents etc. Blackblaud deals on services focus on CRM, website management, Financial management , educational institution administration, fundraising, analytics and ticketing.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication through Mobile Authenticator
- Download and install mobile authenticator on the available device. Go to Mobile Authenticators.
- From your Blackbaud ID profile, click on Turn on for Two-step authentication.
- Put password, and click on Continue button on the page.
- Tap on Use mobile authenticator and click on Next button.
- In order to confirm Blackbaud ID, you are free to scan quick response (QR) code or put 16-verification code inside the mobile authenticator.
- Few minutes time
- Put the verification code that was sent on your available device and Tap on Next.
- You are free to save the recovery code so as to use it anytime you lose or forgot the password and choose Done.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication through Text Messages
- From your Blackbaud ID , click on Turn on for Two-step authentication.
- Put your password, and choose Continue button on the page.
- Click on Use text messages.
- Put phone number to get a verification codes anytime you sign in.
- Choose Next.
- In few minutes time
- Put the verification code you got inside the mobile device and select Next.
- You are free to save recovery inside the mobile device
- Select Done .
How to Disable or Turn Two Factor Authentication
- From your Blackbaud ID , click on Turn off for Two-step authentication.
- Add your password.
- Click on Turn it off. Am sure its removed from this step and guide.
How to Request for a New Recovery Code
Anytime user setup two-step authentication, they receive a 24-digit recovery code, in case they misplace their mobile device or in case they can’t receive or get text messages on the device they are using. Immediately someones mistakenly lose recovery code. Go for request a new recovery code.
Am sure this page and article was really helpful and thoughtful . More information on this, go to https://webfiles.blackbaud.com/files/support/helpfiles/bbid/content/id-2fa.html
For any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!