Fanatical 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your Fanatical.com account. In case you have an account with Fanatical online video game platform, you are highly advised to secure and protect account with Two factor authentication.
Apart from email and password, two factor authentication is another platform created for online account security. 2 factor authentication comes in anytime someone is done entering password on the account, some set of information is required in order to access or connect to Fanatical.com account.
In case you are scared of losing Fanatical account, make sure you setup or enable two factor authentication from this guide, in order to be sure no one will be able to access or login to Fanatical.com account without you ordering it.
Any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device, two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place. This will be done when they will ask for a code sent on phone number used during time of authentication.
Its also called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. Reason for giving it this name is because it comes in anytime a user tries to access account, code will be asked and the code will be sent once you follow up this step and guide to authenticate account.
Anyone who wants to authenticate account needs TOTP authentication app on the available smartphone or tablet. That is Microsoft, Google or even LastPass Authenticator app. Please do yourself good to secure and protect account with two factor authentication.
Fanatical is a known and popular United Kingdom online video game service company and they deals on retailer services. Fanatical.com has sold and offered over more than 62 million authorised game keys to more than one million customers through out the whole entire world. Fanatical.com is a good platform for online video games.
How to Get Apps for Authentication
- Google Authenticator App for both Android or Apple mobile devices
- Microsoft Authenticator App for both Android or Apple mobile devices
- LastPass Authenticator App for both Android or Apple mobile devices
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Fanatical.com Account
- Sign into or connect to www.fanatical.com account.
- Click on “MY ACCOUNT, Account Settings” .
- From the “Login Details” side on the page, locate “Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)”
- Click on “Enable” link:
- fanatical.com will now show a QR code on the page.
- You can now open Authenticator app on the available phone.
- Tap on the “+” option so as to enter a new site, choose “scan a barcode” option side in order to scan QR code.
In case your camera will just opne and do yourself good to point app at the QR code displayed on the screen.
But incase you prefer, just choose “enter code” , so as to use code down on the QR code.
- Anytime the authenticator app observes code , it will then enter site named “Fanatical Store” to available list of available and recommended websites. It will display a code number close to it.
- Tap on “Next” button on their official webpage to proceed to the process to display confirmation page.
- Code number normally changes al the time, like 30 seconds to say. Exercise patience until it has changed and
- Enter displayed number inside the box on fanatical.com webpage
- Tap the “CONFIRM AND ENABLE” button on the page so as to proceed.
How to Disable Two-Factor Authentication on Fanatical.com Account
- Signing or connect account at www.fanatical.com.
Have it in mind: User or customers get their mobile or available device in order to do this
- Click on “MY ACCOUNT, Account Settings”.
- From your “Login Details” on the page, locate or navigate to “Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)”.
- Click on “Disable” link. Once you do this, its done. No more authentication on your account.
For anyone who lose device you’ve used for two-factor authentication, click on contact us . Once you go there, everything will be made known.
In case Android Google Authenticator Code was Rejected
Anyone who are seeing trouble with Google Authenticator code and they are using an Android phone or device, make sure you have the correct time and do this.
- Click menu icon from the top right corner of “Google Authenticator” app
- Click on “Settings”
- Click on “Time correction for codes”
- Click on “Sync now”
For more information on this, please go to https://support.fanatical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002761397-Two-Factor-Authentication-2FA-
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page a quick reply from us. Thanks!