Xero 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your Xero.com account. In case you have an account with Xero, you are highly advised to setup or enable two factor authentication in order to secure and add extra security to your Xero.com login process.
It is called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. Most people also calls two factor authentication 2 step authentication. Reason for giving this name to it is because it comes in each time you want to login with normal information , some set of information is required in order to do so.
The code that will be asked will be sent to mobile number. In case you want to setup two factor authentication from this step and guide, first thing is to download and install Google Authenticator. Secure and protect account from this step and guide.
For any unauthorized attempt made on xero account online, two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place. Two factor authentication will ask for 6 digit code sent during the time of authenticating the account. Please two factor authentication is really good for any user who have an account with Xero.com.
Xero is a known and recommended New Zealand domiciled public technology service. Xero is listed on Australian Stock Exchange company. The company offers and gives a cloud-based accounting software services for both small and medium-sized businesses. In case you want to grow and advertise your business, you are advised to come to Xero.com.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Xero
You need to download and install Google Authenticator on the device you are using. Do it from reading down the page and know the one suited for your device.
- Google Authenticator – For all iPod touch , Android devices, iPhone, iPad, and BlackBerry devices
- Authy (Authy ) iPhone, iPad, Android, laptop, Mac computers and Windows computers
- Windows Authenticator (Microsoft Store) for all the Windows devices like Phones
Set up Authenticator App:
- Download an authenticator app from your own device’s app store.
- Follow the step and guide in order to install it to the device so as to add it up to your account online.
Once this is done. Setup or enable two steps authentication from this page.
- Login to Xero account with normal information like
- Your email address and password.
- Click on Login.
- Click on Set up two–step authentication.
- From authenticator app, you can now add a new account.
- Scan barcode displaying in Xero into authenticator app.
- Put authentication code provided by authenticator app into Xero.com account online.
- Click Continue.
- Choose three security questions on the page and enter answers, click Continue.
- Click on Finish button. Am sure from this way ,two factor authentication is already setup and enable for security reasoning.
How to Add an Alternative Email Address
- Go to Xero login page.
- Enter both your email address and password.
- Click on Login.
- Click on the Use another authentication method.
- From the Alternative email address, tap on Set up.
- Add code on the authentication app or you can easily answer security questions.
- Click on Authenticate.
- Put email address you now want to use for the account.
- Tap on Send code.
- Add six-digit code that will be sent to the alternative email address.
- Click on Confirm Email.
- Click on the Finish. Its done my dear.
How to Disable or Turn off Two Factor Authentication on Xero
- Log in Xero account with normal information.
- Tap your first profile image.
- Select your Account.
- Navigate to Two–step Authentication, tap on Disable.
- Add six-digit code generated or created by authenticator app.
- Click on Disable.
- Click on Finish button to round it up. Its done already.
For more information on this, kindly go to https://central.xero.com/s/article/Set-up-or-disable-two-step-authentication
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!