LastPass 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security and protection to your LastPass account. It needs an extra information in order to login LastPass.com. There are tons of people looking for a way to access or penetrate users account , only way to secure account apart from Password is to enable two factor authentication from this step and guide.
Its called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. LogMeIn sees and recommend 2 factor authentication as multifactor authentication. In case someone is having problem with people accessing or seeing their personal information with LastPass, only way to secure and add an extra layer of protection is to enable multifactor authentication here.
Multifactor Authentication or 2 steps verification is an add layer of protection users can use to enable or set up within LastPass, and it needs a second process before the person can gain access or login to their account online. Enabling or setting up this feature helps to protect and secure account from any keyloggers and some unwanted other threats, even if Master Password was either compromised, your own personal account could not be login without the second data of authentication.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device , two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place. Multifactor authentication will now ask for the code through Google Authenticator during the time of authentication. This code will be sent either as Text message or voice call. You are in a pole position to choose the one you want.
LastPass is a known and popular freemium password service manager. It helps to stores and encrypted passwords online. The standard and best version of LastPass enacts with a known web interface, it also has to do with plugins for different various web browsers and some other apps for any different type of smartphones.
How to Set Up Two Factor Authentication on LastPass
- Log in or access LastPass and go to your Vault by either this way:
- Login to https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and access with your normal username and Master Password.
- From your web browser toolbar, click on LastPass icon click on the Open My Vault.
- Choose the Account Settings which comes from the hand left side of the navigation.
- Click on Multifactor Options tab.
- Click on Edit icon it comes from the right hand side of desired multifactor option.
- In case of more “Enabled” option, select the Yes from drop-down menu of the page.
- “Permit Offline Access” option, use drop-down menu to select the following:
- Choose to Allow if you wish to access or login to LastPass anytime your account is offline. This will helps to store encrypted Vault , it will help you can access account without the use of Multifactor Authentication.
- Choose to Disallow so as to prevent offline access, which needs use of Multifactor Authentication and to be linked to internet with the use of LastPass.
- In case an authenticator you have choosed, next steps will change– for next process, see supported Multifactor Authentication
How to Disable Two Factor Authentication on LastPass
- Access your LastPass and go to your Vault through the following:
- Login https://lastpass.com/?ac=1 and go to with your normal username and your normal Master Password.
- From the web browser toolbar, click on LastPass icon click on the Open My Vault.
- Choose Account Settings from the left hand side of the navigation.
- Click on Multifactor Options tab.
- Click on Edit icon close to enabled Multifactor Authentication side on the page.
- “Enabled” option will now show on the drop-down menu to select or click on No.
- Click on the Update anytime you are done. Enter both Master Password and click on the Continue.
- Click on OK if needed.
For more information on this, kindly go to https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/enable-multifactor-authentication-lp010002
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!