Cash App 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your Cash App account. In case you do online transaction with the use of Cash App , you are highly advised to setup two factor authentication to enhance security.
This page will lead you through on how to enhance and protect your Cash App Account with 2-factor authentication or 2 steps verification.
2-factor authentication is also called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. The main reason for giving this name to it is because it comes in each you want to login account, some set of information is highly required in order to connect or sign in online.
A code will be sent during time of authenticating account. Without passcode, you can not access or connect online. It ensure more security to Cash App sign in process.
The passcode will come a TEXT MESSAGE or through an Authenticator App. You are in a pole position to decide on how to receive or get the code. Someone like me choose TEXT MESSAGE. I got mine as SMS.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device, two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place. They will seek for the code sent during the time of authenticating the account.
2-Step Verification or 2FA is a known tool that provides quality extra layer of security and protection for customer or owners Square Account, enabling protection to your account from any unauthorized access. Please make sure that you have U.S. mobile phone number.
Cash App is a known and recommended mobile payment service. The app was developed and encated by Square, Inc. Through the app , users can transfer money to one another. They have made wave since it was created and enacted.
How 2FA Works on Cash App
With the use of 2-Step Verification, you and other team customers will then be asked to add a verification code sent via SMS. Anytime you sign in to or connect to any of your Square Account. Its needed
In case you don’t want to add a verification code each time you want to signing, choose the “Remember this device for 30 days” inside the online Square Dashboard. This code really changes within Every 30 days.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Cash App
Enabling 2-Step Verification or two factor authentication for an account will then automatically need all team members to secure by enabling the feature and they can now use it to to log in to account online. To setup 2-Step Verification:
- Connect to the Account & Settings > Personal Information in the online Square Dashboard.
- Click on the Activate 2-Step Verification.
- Choose either SMS or Authentication App.With use of SMS:
- Enter primary mobile phone number.
- Click on Next button on the page.
- You’ll get a verification code as a text.
- Add the code inside the empty field on the available dashboard or the Square Point of Sale app.
- Click on the Verify.
With use of Authentication App:
- Download and install an Google Authenticator App.
- You can now scan barcode inside the Authentication App.
- Enter the very Verification Code generated inside the Authentication App.
- Click on Verify.
How to Edit or Disable 2-Step Verification
Full Access Team Members can change the 2-Step Verification settings of an account. To do so:
- Signing to the Account & Settings > Security inside the online Square Dashboard .
- Click on Change 2-Step Verification Settings.
- You can now update settings or tap on Disable 2-Step Verification to wipe out the feature entirely you and all the necessarily team members.
- Choose to remove or enter a new phone numbers to get a 2-Step Verification codes.
For more information on this, kindly go to https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5593-2-step-verification or https://cash.app/help/ng/en-us/3127-keeping-your-cash-app-secure
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!