Mailchimp 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security and protection to your Mailchimp account and also gets a Mailchimp discount. Setup 2 factor authentication from this step and guide , in order to be sure your account is highly secured apart from password login process.
Two factor authentication is also called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. This comes in each time you want to logging or access account, you need two set of information to connect. Apart from password, some other information is highly required and needed.
Also, those information comes as a code sent during time of authenticating account. The code will come as a TEXT MESSAGE or PHONE CALL. You are the one who will decide on how to get the code during time of authenticating the account. Setup 2 factor authentication to keep account save from hackers.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device, two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place. They will ask for the code sent during time of authenticating the account. Meaning without the code, you can not access your Mailchimp account after enable 2FA.
Here are Things to Know Before you Starting 2FA Process
- In order to begin, you’ll need to download and install a two-factor authentication app to any available mobile device you are using. (Get any of this: Authy, Authenticator Plus,
- Google Authenticator,etc.
- Get any mobile device to that can easily generate the passcode and you can access to. Better know There isn’t any exceptional way to generate or create a passcode on laptop or even a desktop computer.
- Try to save and secure Mailchimp backup code. You’ll then need a backup code so as to access or log in to Mailchimp in case you loses the main or initial 2FA code, restore, or damage device.
- Try to make sure mobile device’s time is already automatically enable. In case the device’s time is set manually, then a new passcode which will generate every 30 seconds by the two-factor authentication app and also a Mailchimp will be out to sync and show good result in a login error.
Mailchimp is a known and popular an American marketing automation service and email marketing platform. The service is the trading and marketing name of its operator. The Rocket Science Group, a known American company founded and established in the year 2001, by Ben Chestnut and Mark Armstrong.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Mailchimp
Each time you are done downloading and installing an authenticator app for the mobile device, then you’ll kink Mailchimp account. Owner, Admin, and Manager user types enable two-factor authentication from Security page in the very account online, Authors and Viewers should begin from Profile page.
- Login to your Mailchimp.com account with normal information.
- Click on profile name and select Account.
- Click on Settings which is down hand side of the menu and select Security.
- From the Two-factor authentication section side on the account, click on Enable which is Use an authenticator app for an two factor authentication
- Show steps in Configure Authenticator app which pop-up modal to enter your own Mailchimp account to the authenticator app.
- You can now save and secure your own Mailchimp backup code. It’s highly vital to note that a backup code in step 3 of Configure Authenticator App pop-up is totally different from code you use in all the step 2, try to make sure you secure code. You’ll then need backup code to log in or connect to Mailchimp in case you restore, lose, or even damage device.
- Click on the Submit.
- From the down hand side of it, Enable Two Factor Authentication for these accounts, check box for all account(s) that should needs two-factor authentication anytime to login.
- Click on Save.
- In case you are Owner or Admin, you’ll then locate option to require 2FA for that kind of particular user types. Select the user types you want.
- Click on Save. Am sure its done from this step and guide.
How to Log in Mailchimp with an authenticator app
- Enter your normal Mailchimp username and password inside the Mailchimp login screen.
- Click on Log In.
- You can now launch two-factor authentication app on the connected mobile device to created or generate randomly, then the temporary passcode.
- Enter six-digit passcode inside the passcode empty field in Mailchimp.
- Click on Log In.
How to Disable Two Factor Authentication on Mailchimp
- Click on the profile name and select Account.
- Click on the Settings , which is down hand side of the menu and select Security.
- You can now uncheck any boxes inside Enable Two Factor Authentication for accounts and Try to Make sure Two Factor Authentication needs following user types sections.
- Click on Save.
Am sure it is done from this step and guide. For more information on this, kindly go to https://mailchimp.com/help/set-up-a-two-factor-authentication-app-at-login/
For any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!