Zoho 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to Zoho Account. In case you have an account with Zoho , you are meant to setup 2-factor authentication from this page.
2 Factor authentication is also called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. The main reason for giving this name to it is because it comes in , each time you want to login or connect to account , some set of information is required and it comes with code.
Without the code you can not login online with another browser once you authenticate account with 2fa. Read up the article to enable or disable 2 factor authentication , generate unique code and password etc.
Alot of mail services , social media , banks etc allows 2fa for users or customers interest. The main reason for creating this platform is to prevent and hinder cyber-crime. Once you enable 2fa on your account be rest assure no one else will access account without your permission.
Passcode will be sent inside the phone number you used in authenticating account , meaning that without the code , you can not connect with account with another device.
In case you have an account with Zoho service , do yourself good to read up the page to enable and setup 2 factor authentication from this step and guide.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the Zoho service with another device , two factor authentication will stop and hinder it from requesting for the code sent on your mobile number.
Zoho Office Suite is a well known web-based online office suite. It contains spreadsheets , customer relationship management , word processing, databases, presentation , invoicing , note-taking, wikis, web conferencing, project management , and some other applications.
How to Login 2-Factor Authentication on Zoho
- User logs in with your normal Username and Password.
- If user password is really correct, user get an additional secure code. ( through SMS/ Voice call or QR Code as 2fa configuration).
- User provides secure and strong code inside the browser, to connect account online.
How to Setup 2-Factor Authentication on Zoho
As a security feature , you are made to set up Two Factor Authentication (TFA) for organization. All the users must use this strong and additional security code to login to their own various accounts.
- Login to your www.zoho.com/mail as a normal Administrator
- Click on the Control Panel >> Dashboard >> Two Factor Authentication
- Select option ‘On’ to enable and setup Two Factor authentication for users inside that particular organization.
Immediately you setup TFA,users will choose 2fa Mode (SMS with use of a mobile number or even QR Code scanning), to enable their own preferred Two Factor Authentication platform, next time they log in. am sure they can now turn off 2fa , in order to disable 2FA for entire organization.
How to Enable/ Disable 2FA for a Specific Users
- Login to http://www.zoho.com/mail as a normal Super Admin
- Click on the Control Panel >> User Details
- Select the two Factor Authentication
- Click on ‘Enable’ or ‘Disable’ to enable/disable Two Factor Authentication for that particular user .
How to Generates Application-Specific Passwords
- Login to your http://www.zoho.com/mail as user
- Click on My Account link which shows at the top to view Zoho Accounts
- From left hand menu side, select Security >> App passwords
- From the down hand side of application Specific Passwords, click Generate New Password.
- Enter full application name linked with a specific password. The app name is seen as a reference name, so you can verify.
- Select to Generate to see the application specific password.
- Device-specific password will be show only once and it will not be shown again.
- Then you need to use a very strong password without spaces inside the device.
- Click on any application-specific passwords to see the past generated time, IP and location.
- Delete any given password in case you no longer use device or to wipe out access to that very application.
How to Disable 2-Factor Authentication Zoho
- Click on Control Panel >> User Details.
- Select the Two Factor Authentication.
- Select on ‘Disable‘ so as to disable Two Factor Authentication for the user. Am sure its done from this step and guide.
How to Generate Unigue Code for Zoho
- Login to Zoho Mail account as Super Admin.
- Click on the Control Panel >> Domains.
- Click on validate icon (!) …
- It will now launch setup wizard with a Domain Verification information.
- Choose CNAME tab to generate or create unique zb code for your own domain.
For any comments or questions on this , kind use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!