SingPass 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your SingPass ID and password.
Apart from your normal SingPass ID and password , some set of information is required in order to enhance more security and protection to account online.
Once you setup 2fa from this step and guide , be rest assured no one will be able to access your account without your own permission. They will ask for a code sent inside your own mobile number.
2fa is called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. Main reason for giving this name to it is because it comes in each time you want to login online , 2fa ask for another process.
In case someone else wants to access or login to account with another device , two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place.
For any unauthorized attempt made on account , two factor authentication will stop and hinders it by asking for the code sent inside your phone number.
SingPass always allows gives users room to transact with more than 60 government agencies online very easy and fast.
Its been managed by government Technology Agency (GovTech), SingPass system is showed regularly/
There are tons of on-going security and protection enhancements to make sure a secure SingPass service is been issued to users.
Over past years, SingPass was enhanced to add an improved all the user interface, also , singpass is mobile-friendly features including a stronger security capabilities, like 2-Step Verification.
2FA users will need to put their own SingPass ID and also password , next thing is a One-Time Password (OTP) sent through an SMS, or created via a OneKey token.
Read up the page and get the guide to setup 2fa on SingPass ID and password for your own good. No more scared of scammers and internet fraudsters.
How to Setup 2-Factor Authentication on SingPass
- Login to SingPass account.
- Click on “Set Up 2-Step Verification (2FA)” which is down Quick Links section.
- Register SMS or OneKey token through SingPass official website – , a pin mailer that bears an activation code will now be sent to the very registered address
- Send activation code to 78111 either through SMS, or login Assurity’s website, so as to activate 2FA.
So as to confirm you have set up 2FA, log into to your own SingPass account, click on “My Account”, goes by “Manage 2-Step Verification”. In case they have not enable 2FA, they will be asked to do it.
Protect and Secure Account Via –
- Do not disclose your login information: Keep SingPass ID, password and 2FA information.
- Try not re-use passwords: Some websites which you can access may not be well secured and protected. Try to follow their official website.
- Change passwords all the time
- Use a very strong passwords:
- Look out for a phishing sites:
Am sure its done from this step and guide. For any question or information on this , kindly use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!