Apple ID 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to your Apple ID account online. Enhance strong security to your Apple ID account form.
In case you have an Apple ID account, you are highly advised to set up 2-factor authentication from this step and guide to enhance security.
Two-factor authentication is also called 2 steps verification or multi-factor authentication. This name is given to it because it comes in each time you want to connect to the account online with another device or browser, some set of information is needed.
A passcode will be sent inside your Google Authenticator, without the passcode you would not be able to connect or login into your account online.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device, two-factor authentication will stop and hinder it from taking place.
Do yourself good to follow up this step and guide in order to enable and enhance more security to your Apple ID account online.
How to set up two factor authentication for Apple ID
Below, we shall be showing you various steps that are very necessary for you, if you wish to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID. The steps involved are very simple, so kindly go through them and ensure that you act accordingly. The steps include:
- Turn on 2-factor authentication in settings
- If you are using iOS 10.3 or later:
- Go to Settings
- Then, go to your name
- Then, go to Password & Security
- Tap on Turn On Two-Factor Authentication
- Tap on Continue
- If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier:
- Kindly go to Settings
- Then, go to iCloud
- Here, tap on Apple ID
- After that, tap on Password & Security
- Then, tap on Turn On Two-Factor Authentication
- Finally, tap on Continue
- Verify your trusted phone number
- After you have successfully turned on 2-factor authentication in your settings, kindly move to verify your phone number. To this, follow the steps below:
- Enter your phone number where you wish to receive the verification code when you login. Note that you can choose to euither the receive the codes via sms or through automated phone calls.
- After entering this, tap on Next. You will receive a text message from Apple that contains the codes.
- Enter the verification code to verify your number and then, turn on 2-factor authentication.
Any comments or questions, kindly use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!