Bitstamp 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security to Bitstamp account. In case you have an account with Bitstamp, you are highly advise to setup or enable 2 factor authentication in order to secure and protect account from outsiders.
There are tons of people or hackers looking for a way to access or logging to your account. Only way to make sure such account is protected is to enable two factor authentication. Its also called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication.
Reason its called 2 steps verification is because it comes in anytime a user login account, some set of information about the person is required in order to access or connect. 6 digit code is required and prompted for anyone to access account once you setup 2 factor authentication. The code will be given on Googl Authenticator or Duo.
The Two-factor authentication feature will make sure an extra layer of security and protection for Bitstamp accounts, and it is well designed to make sure account owner or user is only person who may access such account.
In case someone knows your password. Your logging account will be highly restricted to you only. Because some set of information will be asked and demanded. That is password and 6-digit authentication code that will be sent.
Also , you are meant to know a authentication code is generated or created every 30 seconds with the authentication app. Bitstamp will support Google Authenticator and also DUO two-factor authentication applications.
Bitstamp recommend and advise all their customers to enable this security feature for their own good and protection. For any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device, 2 factor authentication will stop and hinder it from taking place. Please do yourself good to secure account with this amazing platform.
Bitstamp is a well known and popular bitcoin exchange company. The company headquarter is based and situated in Luxembourg. Bitstamp allows and offer trading between USD currency, including bitcoin cryptocurrency service. The company offers EURO, Litecoin, XRP, USD,bitcoin, ethereum, or some other bitcoin cash deposits via withdrawals as well.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication on Bitstamp
- Go to your normal Bitstamp account with normal information from here https://www.bitstamp.net/onboarding/login/
- Select Security on the page.
- Locate from Security page side to the Two–factor Authentication page.
- Tap on “Enable Two–factor Authentication.”
- You can now scan QR code with your normal Google Authenticator app on the smartphone to generate a new account within app.
- Enter time-based 6-digit PIN via the app created into the empty field shown red arrow.
- Tap “Enable Two-factor Authentication.”
- Login to the account.
- Put client ID and password.
- Tap on “Login.” Then, when asked, you can now put 6-digit PIN shown in your Google Authenticator app on the smartphone.
- Tap on “Authenticate. Am sure its done from this step and guide.
Am sure from this step and procedure one will be able to enjoy security to their Bitstamp account. No more scared of hackers or intruders from today henceforth.
For more information on this, go to https://www.bitstamp.net/faq/what-is-two-factor-authentication/
Any comment or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us. Thanks!