CoinJar 2-Factor Authentication Set up is to add an extra layer of security and protection to Coinjar sign in. There are tons of ways to secure account online , apart from using password, two factor authentication is a feature we can use to add an extra layer of security to CoinJar account.
Its called 2 steps verification or multi factor authentication. Two factor authentication comes in anytime you want to access or signing with another device , some set of information about you is required. These information comes as your passcode. This code will be sent during time of authenticating the account online.
Enhanced and enable Security with 2FA. Multi-factor authentication (MFA), is seen as an additional security and protection measure CoinJar customers or users can add to their CoinJar service that helps prevent and hinders account from been connected by anyone but the user only.
For any unauthorized attempt made on the account with another device, two factor authentication will stop and hinders it from taking place. They will ask and demand for the code sent during time of authenticating the CoinJar account online.
CoinJar is seen as one of the biggest and longest-running digital currency exchanges. They offer services and allow users to sell, buy, store and even spend digital assets. In case you have an account with them , you are highly advise to secure account online.
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication with use of Authenticator App
- Download and install an authenticator app with any availale mobile device. See popular and nice examples Google Authenticator or Authy.
- Sign in or connect to the Enhanced Security in your CoinJar’s Settings.
- Select ‘Add new device’ from the account.
- Select your ‘Advanced (app-based)’, add a name for the device, and you can now confirm.
- You will be given with a QR Code in CoinJar so as to finish up the setup. With use of authenticator app and mobile device’s camera, you can scan QR code to continue.
- Authenticate for the first time by opening or creating authenticator app and add 6-digit verification code into the empty CoinJar website
How to Setup Two Factor Authentication with use of SMS Authentication
- Sign in or connect to the Enhanced Security of your CoinJar’s Settings on the account.
- Select ‘Add new device’. You can now select ‘Configure SMS’, add mobile number, and select a name for the mobile device.
- You will then be delivered a SMS to mobile number with the phone number you are using.
- Add the number into the CoinJar website empty space.
- Select ‘Complete setup’ to enter this as your personal Enhanced Security authenticator.
For more information on this , kindly go to https://support.coinjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/202910075-Securing-your-CoinJar-with-Enhanced-Security-2FA-
Any comments or questions, use an empty box down the page for a quick reply from us.